Thursday, August 03, 2006

two for the price of one!!

Apparently all I have time for these days, blog-wise, is to update on the current Project Runway status! I's a busy lady. :)

So here's what went down this week ... Keith is gone!!! Woo hoo!! Bonnie is gone!! Meh.

The big scandal that they aluded to last week wasn't really as big or scandalous as they made it seem. Basically, Keith was a cheater who violated the terms of the contract by having pattern books with him, so he was kicked off. Kind of a sucky reason to have to leave the show, but hey, you break the rules, you pay for it! Serves him right. He was a bit too overconfident anyway. Maybe he'll learn his lesson.

And then Bonnie was the one to be Auf'd in the traditional manner. Personally, I thought Robert's design was worse, but I didn't want to see him leave, so I'm happy with the outcome. Bonnie just never really stood out to me, so I'm not surprised that she is gone, and not too sad about it either.

Here is my assessment of the remaining players (updates in red):

People I like:
Robert - He used to design for Barbie!! - Didn't like his design this week, but I still think he has potential and I'd like to see what he can do - if he screws up again, though, I'm moving him down in the ranks!
Uli - I loved her designs in ep. 1 and ep. 3
Kayne - he was SO EXCITED to design for Miss USA
Allison - I like her personal style and want to see what she can do - she did a good job in a difficult situation - she and Jeffrey stayed true to Keith's design even after he got kicked off, and they had fewer people than the other groups
Michael - I'm diggin his designs

People I don't like:
Vincent - annoys the crap outta me, doesn't play well with others and designs ugly clothes
Angela - kind of incompetent but keeps getting through by the skin of her teeth - let's hope that doesn't last much longer - have to give her credit here, I really liked her outfit this week - more than all the others - if she continues this trend, maybe she'll move to ambivalent category??
Keith - he's a little (a LOT) full of himself after his win in ep. 1 - and nothing has changed here - Buh Bye!! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

People I am ambivalent about:
Bonnie - don't know much about her - and never will. Buh bye!
Bradley - seems sweet, but I HATED his design in ep. 1 ... and ep. 3 - if he doesn't prove himself worthy soon, he's moving to my dislike category - his pants this week sucked, but I need to see another of his own designs to know how I really feel about his stuff
Jeffrey - his tattoos are a little wierd - jury's still out - I'm moving him to the like category because of how well he worked with Allison after Keith left - they both did a really good job!!
Laura - A very classy lady, but she's turning out to be kind of a one-trick-pony - her design in ep. 2 was a bit too similar in style to her ep. 1 design

No comments: