Monday, March 05, 2007

and stuff

Just a few more ramblings from me today.

1. I will not miss our upstairs neighbors when I move. I will delight in the fact that I will be living on the top floor and won't have to deal with people dancing on my head anymore. Friday night, our upstairs neighbors were having a party. This is fine. I have parties, so I can allow for others to have parties as well. However, I do try to have a little bit of respect for neighbors when I have my parties (for example, turning the music down as the night gets later), which our upstairs neighbors do not. At about 12:30 a.m. (yes, I know this is relatively early, but read on), after listening to their bad music for several hours, I noticed that each song was getting progressively louder than the next. Not only that, but the stomping overhead (I could only assume it was dancing) was getting ridiculous. I could hear the music as if it was coming from a speaker smashed up against my ear, and the "dancing" was literally shaking the walls of the apartment. A particularly heavy jump actually caused one of the bulbs in the overhead light to flash and burn out (granted, this was probably on the verge of happening anyway, but still). I needed to go to bed, and was already irritable to begin with, so I decided I had to go up there and ask them to turn it down just a scooch. Upon opening my door I was greeting by an even more deafening version of the current musical selection, and as I ascended the stairs, I noticed, "Wow, their door is open, how nice of them to treat the ENTIRE BUILDING to their noise." I stuck my head around the corner and saw no sign of the two guys who live there, but an entire apartment full of girls, who were all wearing heels or boots and were "dancing" (stomping) to the music as if the floor was on fire and it was their job to stamp it out until it was dead. I waved one of them to the door and politely (aggravatedly) asked her to turn it down a little, which, thankfully, they did. They're probably scared of me now, but what do I care? I'm outta there in less than 4 weeks, and then they can annoy their new neighbors to their hearts' content. :) Actually, I hope the new tenants are a couple with young children and a grandmother, so the bastards upstairs can learn the hard way that not everyone is ... nevermind. I'm scaring even myself with this train of thought. Geez, I'm mean. And old.

2. Yesterday I successfully injected myself with poison - I mean medicine - for the first time ever. I am starting a new drug treatment which requires me to give myself weekly injections of Enbrel using this Sureclick thingie that is kind of like an Epi-Pen. In actuality, the process is super easy, but the trepidation is all psychological. I mean, I've had all kinds of shots before, but never one I've had to give myself. You know, you go to the doctor for a vaccination or whatever, and you trust that the doctor or nurse administering the shot knows what they're doing, that they've been trained for all eventualities, and they've done this a thousand times before. But I was shown how to do this once, practiced once on a little foam pad with a syringe filled with water (two weeks ago), and read over the instructions five thousand times. I didn't exactly feel like I knew what I was doing. But I had to do it so I did it. And I survived. I did it exactly right. It burned a bit, as I was warned it would, and it wasn't exactly pleasant, but it wasn't unbearable either. I think I'll be able to handle it once a week. So I'm good. :)

3. I came across this online comic last week, and I found some of them to be oddly funny. Or maybe odd AND funny. Either way, they're all odd, and some of them were extremely funny ... in a weird, odd way. Anyway, here's a glimpse into an odd little corner of my sense of humor.

Love it!
Yum.
My favorite
And for good measure ...

And I haven't gotten through them all yet, so I'm sure there are plenty more that will tickle my funny bone!! :)

No comments: