Wednesday, May 02, 2007

fun and games

If you've noticed at the bottom of my blog, I have a hit counter. Occasionally, I'll go onto the site to see how many people visit my blog (it's a very sad number), and it shows some other stats as well, though the majority of the features don't work properly. Like it counts every hit as a "first time visitor" even when it's just me, over and over again. But one of the things I can see is the website that referred the visitor to mine. I get quite a few "direct hits," but I also get many people who come here from Censorial Nerd Jury (or the same person, regularly), and many from Greenfish's blog (again, probably just one person). But occasionally, I'll get a hit from someone who happened upon my blog through a google search. I have the option to click the link to see what it was that this person was searching for that led them to me, and that is always an adventure. Today I learned that if you google "nudiustertian in sentences" (without the quotes, that is), you'll find me! But what I've begun to do is to look through the other sites that come up in these searches and see if I can't find some gems of my own. So essentially, I am using other peoples' interests, which somehow have something in common with my blog, to find other blogs/websites that I might myself be interested in. Oh, Internet, how I adore thee.

No comments: