Tuesday, May 29, 2007

the good ones

I just got called "little one" by a guy at work! How adorable is that?! This man is one of my favorite people here, and trust me, the good ones are few and far between. He is short, with a bum leg, and he walks with a cane. He's got a perfectly round face, short grey hair and glasses, and he wears suspenders. He is like the grandpa of our room, everyone loves him. He has a tendency to narrate what he's doing while he works, and sometimes says the funniest things, that I find myself laughing silently in my cubicle, having just overheard something ridiculous. 'Cause the thing is, he talks really loud. He used to sit just down the row and around the corner from me, and I could hear him on the phone all the time from there. But now he sits right around the corner, so we share a part of one wall. He stopped by my cube 5 minutes ago and said, "Did you see that, little one? I forgot I moved, and went to my old cubicle!" So sweet.

Another person I have found particularly endearing lately is this guy on a TV show that I'm embarrassed to admit I've been watching. I couldn't care less who wins, but I got sucked in one lazy Saturday, and now I think I've watched every episode. The show? Shear Genius. It's awful, really, but it's the perfect thing to put on the TV while I go about my business on the weekends. It's a competition show following the formula of Project Runway, Top Chef, etc. only this one is about cutting hair. I laughed when I saw the ads, but here I am, watching it. Oh well. Anyway, the guy who would be the equivalent of Tim Gunn on PR, is named Rene something-or-other, and he's a cutie pie. He's gorgeous, for one (though a bit femme), and his typical greeting is "Hi-Hi!" His answer to Gunn's "Make it work," is "Shake it." Only with his accent, it sounds more like "Sheggit." I find it very endearing, and I have no idea why. :)

No comments: