Wednesday, May 07, 2008

what's wrong with my computer?

Here's a pop quiz for all you techies out there. My work computer for one reason or another does not show the little arrows, or what have you, that are supposed to show up on mapping sites such as Mapquest, to indicate the exact location of the place you are looking for. So I get a map of the general area of the address I just typed in, and have to assume that the exact location is ... somewhere in the middle. And this happens with every mapping site I've tried. Many times the zooming buttons don't show up either. Is this a setting that I can fix on my own? Or is it something an administrator would have to do? Is it a subtle method my place of business has concocted to discourage employees from visiting such sites, even on breaks? Any ideas?

No comments: