Friday, April 07, 2006

I promise!!

I am really going to try and write in this thing more often. This posting every couple weeks thing has got to stop or I will start to lose my loyal readers!! All three of you!! :)

Well, the news today is that there still isn't any news. I went to see my rheumatologist on Monday and I have him seriously stumped. I described my pain to him in as much detail as I could muster (which is an accomplishment in and of itself since I usually become a mute as soon as I step into the office, and can't seem to remember how to describe things in a coherent way), but my symptoms rang no bells to him. He did tell me that the first thing he would have thought if I didn't have the history that I had was that it was muscles. So what he did was prescribe some muscle relaxers for me to take at bedtime and see if it helped the pain, and meanwhile he would be taking a second look at my most recent MRI results with the radiologist to see if there's something that they may have missed. Basically, he has no idea what's wrong with me. Heh. So what else is new, right? Anyway, I've been taking the muscle relaxers at night and nothing has changed, so unless the guy calls me with some epiphany they've had, I'm going to go back to my general practitioner and see what he has to say. I kinda trust him more anyway. Meanwhile I'll keep popping the ibuprofen until it just doesn't work anymore.

Well, I was gonna write more, but it was all boring stuff, so I'll just stop here and spare you. :) You can thank me later.

No comments: