Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Well at least I'm not a Scientologist

So, Miss Kristi posted a link to this religion quiz on her blog yesterday, and I was just too curious. Due to my seemingly unclassifiable beliefs and my issues with organized religion in general, I was very interested to see how I stacked up against all the known religions out there. It was quite an interesting quiz, though I found some of the questions to be a bit limiting. You also get to rate the importance of the question topics, which was kind of cool, and something I had never seen before in quizzes of this type. As far as the results, I actually wasn't too surprised what I came up with. I had read a couple things about this particular religion and if I had to choose today which religion to align myself with, and "none" was not an option, I'd probably choose these guys. So in case you're curious, here are my results:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (98%)
3. Liberal Quakers (95%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (80%)
5. Neo-Pagan (79%)
6. Bahá'í Faith
7. New Age (75%)
8. Reform Judaism (73%)
9. Theravada Buddhism (71%)
10. New Thought (69%)
11. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (67%)
12. Scientology (62%)
13. Sikhism (61%)
14. Taoism (59%)
15. Secular Humanism (58%)
16. Jainism (58%)
17. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (56%)
18. Hinduism (53%)
19. Orthodox Judaism (48%)
20. Orthodox Quaker (47%)
21. Islam (43%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (42%)
23. Jehovah's Witness (41%)
24. Nontheist (36%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (25%)
26. Roman Catholic (25%)
27. Seventh Day Adventist (23%)

Also not surprising was the lateness on the list of Roman Catholic, Conservative Christian/Protestant, and Orthodox anything. So now I suddenly want to do all this research into religions, just to learn about them and what it is they actually stand for ... mostly because I have never even HEARD of half the things on this list! :)

Peace.

No comments: