Monday, August 28, 2006

I am a bad blogger

My poor blog. It is neglected so. I'm a bad blog mommy.

But I have to say, I do have an excuse for the week of Aug 12-21, being that I was out of town and (far far) away from computers. So nyeh (that's me sticking out my tongue an you, the proverbial blog-reader who is upset at me for not writing).

But hey, though I do not have an excuse for the rest of last week when I was perfectly capable of writing, but just chose not to do so, I am finally back in service. So the wait is over. You can breathe now. :)

Just a quick Project Runway update before I move on to more important matters. During the week I was gone, we said goodbye to Allison. She had been a favorite of mine, but I'm not sure if that was because I liked her designs, or because I liked her own personal style. Either way, the pressure finally got to her and she designed something that looked like it was made out of paper. Oh wait, it WAS made out of paper. Recycleable paper! And even though I detested Vincent's design (as I usually do), I understand why the judges chose to let Allison go. She's probably better off anyway - much like Bradley, she's much too easy-going for this competition. We'll miss your pleasant personality, Allison!! I think Uli and Michael are maybe the only ones left in the competition who I can safely call "pleasant" now. And then there was last week's competition. This one seemed like the hardest challenge for the designers thus far. Not because of the materials (which is usually the challenging part), but because of who they were designing for! They've gotten used to designing for these beautiful models with flawless figures, but this week, nuh-uh. They designed for the average woman - their mothers (and sisters)!! I can't remember who won this challenge (I think it was Vincent? Blech!), but the biggest conflict in the episode was the argument between Jeffrey and his model, who happened to be Angela's mother. He can't stand Angela, and evidently can't stand her mother either. He ended up designing a dress for her that was absolutely hideous (she didn't like it either), but just barely eked by with the judges. He was lucky that Robert designed something so blah and boring, otherwise Jeffrey might have been the one Auf'd. But yeah, Robert has not been so impressive lately (none of his designs resemble ANYTHING Barbie! :) ), so I'm kind of glad he's gone. He's bo-ring. Bye bye Robert! Oh yeah, and congrats to Michael for winning the recycling challenge - his second win in a row! He has a good chance of winning this season I think. Oh, and apparently I missed writing up another episode where Bradley got kicked off (why did I feel like I wrote about that one already??) for designing a "tinker toy." :) But anyway. Here is how things stand thus far:

People I like:
Robert - He used to design for Barbie!! - if he screws up again, though, I'm moving him down in the ranks! - he screwed up again and now he's gone. Latah!
Uli - An all-around favorite, she's consistently good.
Kayne - he was SO EXCITED to design for Miss USA - he hasn't been so good lately, he'll have to prove himself worthy of the "like" category next episode.
Allison - I like her personal style and want to see what she can do - she did a good job in a difficult situation - unfortunately, she has cracked under the pressure and is now gone. We'll miss you!!
Michael - I'm diggin his designs still.
Jeffrey - I'm moving him to the like category because of how well he worked with Allison after Keith left - they both did a really good job!! - loved his recycling outfit, hated his average woman dress. I still think he's cool though.

People I don't like:
Vincent - annoys the crap outta me, doesn't play well with others and designs ugly clothes
Angela - kind of incompetent but keeps getting through by the skin of her teeth - I kinda dug her recycling outfit, but didn't care for her average woman outfit, though I didn't think it was as bad as the judges thought.

People I am ambivalent about:
Bradley - seems sweet, but I HATED his design in ep. 1 ... and ep. 3 - a belated bye bye to Bradley!
Laura - A very classy lady, but she's turning out to be kind of a one-trick-pony - yeah, that sums it up for Laura. She designs the same stuff over and over again, and she's kind of a bitch. Not so classy anymore. Moving to "dislike."

Ha ha! Apparently I like a lot of people, dislike only a few, and after this week, there's nobody I am ambivalent about. Hm. Oh well.

Oh yeah, and I was just kidding earlier about there being "more important matters" to write about. This is it!!! :)

Ha ha ha ha!

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was horrified by some of the designs last week. Several of the designers had absolutely no idea how to dress a plus-sized woman. Robert and Jeffery both made floor length mu?umu?us, the exact opposite of what you should where when overweight! Their ignorance of the female body was just incredible. Unbelievable!