Thursday, August 31, 2006

and again ...

Okay, one of these days I promise I will have something more interesting to write about than the status of Project Runway (actually, I probably already do if I really sat down to think about it ...). But right now, this is it, so here goes ...

Last night, the contestants got to go to Paris!!! So lucky! However, for one very UNLUCKY (not to mention untalented) individual, the trip was too short to even unpack a suitcase. Poor poor Angela. Well, not really. Her elimination was a long time coming. Their challenge this episode was to create an outfit for a famous jet-setter, which turned out to be ... themselves! They designed the outfits (Angela admitted to having no idea what a jet-setter would wear), modeled them, and then had it sprung on them that their outfits would actually be tested for how well they travel ... on their way to Paris! I'm kinda jealous, but hey, whatever. Anyhoo, they weren't told who won and who was eliminated until they actually GOT to Paris. As for me, I really liked Michael's outfit, and Jeffrey's outfit was definitely in his signature style, which was pretty cool. I liked Uli's dress even though the judges didn't really seem to. And I actually thought Laura's was kind of boring, and not what I would imagine a jet-setter to wear at all. That's pretty much how I felt about Vincent's blah on blah ensemble as well. Jet-setter? More like couch-sitter-onner. And then there was Kayne. Poor, clueless, tasteless Kayne, who dressed himself as Elvis. Or maybe Wayne Newton. I was quite surprised he didn't get the boot this round, but I have to give mad props (there is a reason I never use that phrase) to the French lady who had the guts to tell him he looked ridiculous. Maybe he'll learn from this experience? Prolly not. AND French lady told Angela flat out that she was NOT a jet-setter. Sweet. And congrats to Jeffrey for winning this one!! He deserved it. I might as well throw this out there while I'm at it ... my prediction for the top three is Jeffrey, Uli, and Michael. I think that would be a great competition. So, here is my analysis now:

People I like:
Uli - An all-around favorite, she's consistently good.
Kayne - he was SO EXCITED to design for Miss USA - he hasn't been so good lately, he'll have to prove himself worthy of the "like" category next episode. - Yeeeeah, he's moving to "ambivalent." Really not liking his stuff much anymore, but he's too nice and clueless to bump all the way down to "dislike."
Michael - I'm diggin his designs still - Loved the all white ensemble this week - the pants rocked!!
Jeffrey - I'm moving him to the like category because of how well he worked with Allison after Keith left - they both did a really good job!! - loved his recycling outfit, hated his average woman dress. I still think he's cool though. - Total rock star!

People I don't like:
Vincent - annoys the crap outta me, doesn't play well with others and designs ugly clothes over and over again.
Angela - kind of incompetent but keeps getting through by the skin of her teeth - Not anymore!!! Buh-bye!! If I never see another rosette, puffy skirt, or pair of pants with the wierd butt panel, it will be too soon!!
Laura - I think she's getting tired of this competition, she's losing her energy. Also, I don't think she has the range to really be a good designer.

People I am ambivalent about:
No one at the moment

And there you have it. Until next week!!

No comments: