Friday, September 08, 2006

even though Klepto beat me to it

I am obliged to post my Project Runway summary this week, even though Klepto beat me to the punch on Wednesday night with his two-sentence analysis. Dam you, Klepto!!! Actually, I'm just impressed that you watched it!! Or maybe La F summarized?? Either way ...

I'm actually having a hard time remembering much of what happened this episode. Guess it wasn't all that exciting. The only really happy thing to happen was the elimination of Crazy Vincent! Yay! And Jeffrey got his second win in a row, winning this one even with his immunity scored from his last win. Apparently that's never happened before. Pretty sweet.

So this episode was all about couture. The designers had to make a couture gown in only two days. This is a definite challenge because the definition of a couture gown is one that is made with a lot of hand-work, like hand beading, or ruching, or hand-stitching. I have to say, though, that the results of this competition were a bit disappointing. The only dress that I liked was Jeffrey's. I loved that he made it out of a yellow plaid cotton. :) Uli's dress got raves from the judges, but I thought it was boring as all hell and looked too much like stuff I've seen before. Kayne's dress was pretty tacky, but I did like the skirt part of it. And I really really disliked the other three dresses. They were just plain UGLY. So needless to say, I was extremely relieved when the first person to be safe was Michael. I was convinced he'd be eliminated because his "couture" gown looked like a Prom dress gone terribly wrong. My other two favorites were the next to be "in," so I breathed a sigh of relief at this point. Vincent then got eliminated, and it's about damn time!

I'm not going to post a "likes," "dislikes," and "ambivalent" list anymore because there are so few people left, but y'all know who my picks for the final three are (Michael, Jeffrey and Uli). Hopefully I am right!!

One more thing ... Laura mentions this episode that she is three months preggers, and she (unwisely) decides to wear a midriff bearing top to show off this fact. My question is, are people usually showing THAT MUCH at only three months??? Maybe I'm just misinformed, but I always thought that at three months is when a woman just BEGINS to show. Hm.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, she's had 5 kids already so her stomach muscles are probably shot. Women tend to show earlier than they did with their first child for this reason.
I was bummed no one attempted any embroidery. There seemed to be very little actual hand work, except for Michael's, and that was a diaster!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I've been watching pieces of the show since first season. My younger sister studies/works in the fashion industry as a designer and got me started with the show. Doesn't help that la f has season passed the thing and demands to watch it AS IT AIRS... what's the point of tivoing it fooel?
Anyway, I do my best to not learn anybody's names. Try to figure out who I'm talking about in this recap!
I'm glad the weird looking Ted Danson/David Johansen cross got eliminated this week. What a kissass. P. Diddy is still doing ok. Weird bitchy redhead mom Leona Helmsley wannabe is too uptight to be making such bland shit. I miss the dumb broad who's mom got dissed by throattat guy cuz she was a cutie. Yeah she still sucked. Uli is a hottie who doesn't seem to have too much drama about her bidnez. I can't remember anyone else.
Santino should replace that one judge cuz he looks like a creepy character Will Ferrell would try to do.

Heidi said...

Translation:
I'm glad the weird looking Ted Danson/David Johansen cross (VINCENT) got eliminated this week. What a kissass. P. Diddy (MICHAEL) is still doing ok. Weird bitchy redhead mom Leona Helmsley wannabe (LAURA) is too uptight to be making such bland shit. I miss the dumb broad (ANGELA) who's mom got dissed by throattat guy (JEFFREY) cuz she was a cutie. Yeah she still sucked. Uli is a hottie who doesn't seem to have too much drama about her bidnez. I can't remember anyone else.
Santino should replace that one judge (MICHAEL KORS) cuz he looks like a creepy character Will Ferrell would try to do.

How'd I do?

Anonymous said...

heheh, those sound like the right names, now that you mention them :)