Thursday, September 07, 2006

the wierd world of my dreams

I had a very odd dream two nights ago. I dreamt I was inside a house, and Kristentatious was also there. She walked outside, and then called to me frantically to come outside. When I got out there, I looked towards the backyard of this house. There was a fence around the yard, and it had these thick wooden posts, with wire strung between them. There were a couple of dogs inside the yard, and a couple on the other side of the fence, but none of them belonged to me. I quickly saw the reason that Kristi had called me out there. A few of the dogs had apparently just been fighting, somehow, through the fence. One of the wooden fence posts had splintered, and there was a little black and brown puppy caught on it. The wood splinter had gone through one side of his stomach, and out the other side, just under the skin, and he was hanging there, struggling and squirming, in pain and bleeding, trying to get down. I ran out to him, and yelled back to Kristi to call the vet. But before I got to him, I began to wake up. In that sort of half-asleep, half-awake state, where I tend to try and finish up dreams I was in the middle of, I imagined that I had gotten the puppy off the splintered post, pressed down on his tummy to stop the bleeding, and brought him inside. And when the vet arrived, she got him all fixed up and he was good as new. Had I actually stayed asleep, I don't know if this is the way it would have worked out, but I'd like to think so.

The wierd thing now, is that every time I see a dog, or a picture of one, or even the roomie's cat, I remember that dream, and it's kind of disturbing. Let's just hope I never have to see a puppy skewered on a splintered fencepost in real life! Actually, let's hope no one has to.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

That's weird! But hey...at least I wasn't responsible for impaling the puppy on a fence. That would've been weirder!