Friday, September 29, 2006

a kinder, gentler Jeffrey

I didn't get to watch Project Runway on Wednesday, but I taped it and watched it last night, hence the lateness of this recap post. I just know how you all anxiously await these things. :)

I gotta say, I think it's pretty sweet that they took all four of the remaining contestants to the finals. That means that all of my favorites get to compete, and Laura too, one-trick-pony though she is.

As for the designs this week, I thought they were severly lacking. I hate to admit it, but Michael probably should have been eliminated for the boring (and somewhat slutty) dress he came up with. He could have (and has!!) done so much better. And haven't we seen that exact dress from Laura before? Like a million times? Uli's dress was very pretty, and she made a good decision to rework her original idea. She was getting stuck in a rut. And even though the judges didn't care for Jeffrey's dress, I kinda liked it. I think I would have liked it better if it hadn't gathered at the bottom like that (I don't understand that look at all), but I commend him for taking a chance and showing a different side of his personality.

Side note: Don't people wear pants anymore??

Aside from the big surprise at the end, my favorite part of the episode was when Jeffrey watched a video of his son on his phone, that his girlfriend sent him for Father's Day. It really showed a softer side of him, which I think the audience needed to see. He's not such a tough guy after all, as was also evidenced by his design this week.

Gah! I'm glad it's Friday and I'm feeling a little burned out, so pardon me if this entry is a bit choppy. Have a good weekend everyone!

The End.

No comments: