Tuesday, September 19, 2006

kitty post

The kitty cat belonging to my roommate has not been so good lately. We think she was trying to jump from the edge of the bathtub to the bathroom counter, like she frequently does, and missed the mark. She somehow tumbled to the ground and injured her front paw. She hasn't been putting any weight on it for a week, and she might actually have to have surgery!! Scariness! But we've been giving her a lot of love to distract her from her pain. :) Cosequently, she has been getting a bit spoiled. The following is an interaction from this morning.

Kitty is laying on the floor in my bedroom as I get ready for work. (I don't usually have her in there, but she was especially wanting of attention today, so I figured what the hay.) It is time for me to go, so I stand by my bedroom door.

Me: Come on kitty, you gotta get out of my room now so I can close the door.

Cat: (still sitting) Meow.

Me: Yes.

Cat: (still sitting) Meow.

Me: Yes!

Cat: (still sitting) Meow!

Me: Yes! Now come on!

Cat: (finally getting up and SLOWLY moving towards the door) Mrrrrrrrroooowwrrrooowrrrooooowwwwwww.

She was totally giving me lip, and then when I MADE her get up and get out of my room, she complained and whined and grumbled and dragged her feet the entire way. And to top it off, she stopped right at the entryway, so I had to start closing the door and literally use it to push her out of the room.

Such a teenager.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

My two-year-old does this every single morning when it's time to leave. But without the meowing. He thinks it's funny too.