Tuesday, February 06, 2007

a.d.d.

Oh, stuff. So much stuff. I really want to write about things that are happening, or have happened lately, like my awesome trip to Miami and all the cool people we met down there, but at the moment, I don't have the concentration to stay on one topic for long enough to do it justice ... so here's some other random crap.

I've got this idea for a new little art project that I saw on a blog I read yesterday - I guess that means it's not really MY idea, but I'm taking what he did and modifying it a bit, so I'm MAKING it mine. :) I can't wait to start it! And who knows? Maybe somebody I know might be getting it as a gift some time in the near future ...

As you may or may not know, I am moving out of my apartment when the lease is up at the end of March, so I'm all full of emotion because of that. I love the apartment and the roomie, but I've always wanted to try living on my own, and I figure if I don't do it sooner, rather than later, I may never get the chance! So this is the time. I'm kind of looking forward to looking at new places, and I made an appointment with Apartment People for this Saturday (that's who we found our current apartment through, and it was a good experience), so perhaps I will come out of that with a new place lined up! Yippee!

I've been having this sort of weird, disconnected, slightly depressed feeling lately that I just can't explain. It might be a combination of winter blues, and the fact that I haven't seen much of my friends for a while (save for the two I went to Miami with). I am trying to remedy that by calling people up, sending e-mails and text messages, and trying to just be more involved in my own life, and not let this INSANELY cold weather get me down too much. I did not even leave my apartment this weekend unless I absolutely had to (which I did to go to the grocery store and a Super Bowl party), and I think maybe that was a mistake. Hibernating does not help one get out of a funk, it just buries one deeper. But damn, it's cold!!

And ... ummm ... I won't even mention the Super Bowl (whoops, did it anyway) because I don't want to make anyone cry. Except Rex Grossman. But my guess is he's already crying.

Well, that's all I got. I'll post another time with my Miami trip details, as I'm sure you're all DYING to hear about how we met Mike Ditka ...

2 comments:

JKW said...

ditto that. I couldn't really leave my place this weekend either. I don't have a car and the only place I went was a bar two blocks away to watch the game. And I was freezing just from that trip. I was sad that I couldn't hang out with other friends too. Just stayed in, but caught up on all my Seinfeld episodes on DVD.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Rexy better be crying right now.

And yes, I'm dying to know about Mike Ditka. And more about your Miami trip. We need to have a little chat.

Which... actually, when I say that, always reminds me of my FAVORITE COMIC EVER. Yes, I am very immature.