Wednesday, March 28, 2007

close encounters with the criminal kind

A coworker of mine is always amazed by the fact that I've met a few famous people. It's not a big deal - the people I've met are not THAT famous, and I haven't even met all that many. But on the occasion that I tell a story at work that involves someone I know or have met who has enjoyed a bit of celebrity, he's always so impressed! Apparently, he has not met one famous person in his life, nor does he know anyone who has (except me). So when I found out about what happened to this guy, who I had met once at a concert a few years back, I just had to tell him. The guy is the singer in a band from Chicago who I had all but forgotten about. When I was driving to my parents house the other day, one of their songs came on the radio and I was like, "Hey, I haven't heard these guys in a while. And didn't I meet the singer that one time at HOB?" When the song ended, the DJ came on and said, "Well, who would have thought THAT guy was capable of murder?" What??!! Murder? You mean, I shook hands with a murderer? Weird. Well, it turns out it was self-defense, according to this article, so I guess I feel a little better about that. At least, I feel better for him anyway. But still. Weird. Maybe this will teach my coworker that NOT ALL encounters with famous people are enviable.

No comments: