Monday, March 26, 2007

moving and movies

Packing for this move is going pretty well, though I still have loads to do. At least I've finished most of the errand-y things like setting up utilities, filling out a change-of-address, reserving a truck, etc. I guess the main thing I have to deal with now is ... STUFF! And I seem to have tons of it. I have packed up and removed boxes and boxes of crap from my bedroom and I still somehow have junk all over the place. How exactly does one person accumulate so much stuff? But whatever. I'm making my way through it, throwing things away as I do, so all is good. I spent the majority of the day Saturday packing (less two long-ish breaks where I watched the second half of The Fellowship of the Ring, and The Day After Tomorrow), and though I had the best of intentions for Sunday, I didn't get a heck of a lot done. I had a leisurely morning, then I went to see a movie with Jillybean, and then we got dinner, but afterwards, I don't know if it was allergies or something, but I just was not feeling up to more packing. But that's okay too, because I have decided to take Friday off work and finish up what I haven't done by then. The movie we saw was excellent, by the way, and I'd recommend it to anyone who likes foreign films, and laughing, and a little crying once in a while. It was at the European Union Film Festival at the Gene Siskel Film Center. I'm not sure if or when it will be released here, but maybe on DVD at some point? It's called The Tiger and the Snow, with Roberto Benigni. Supposedly it didn't get very good reviews (personally, I haven't read any), but Jilly and I loved it, so it gets a thumbs-up from me.

That's it for now. Man, I wish I could take my cubicle outside today.

No comments: