Tuesday, March 20, 2007

dream on

I believe I have had no fewer than ten dreams about moving since I signed my new lease. Can you tell what's been weighing most heavily on my mind lately? Yeah. And these dreams have actually been pretty funny. In one of them, the apartment I was moving into was much larger than I remembered it being when I first looked at it, and had quite a few more rooms. I kept saying to my friends who were helping me that this couldn't be right! This place is way too big! And I had these weird flashes of what the apartment REALLY looked like, but then it went back the way it was. In another one, my roommate was moving into the same building as me, and we got to share the cat. :) In yet another one, I moved in to discover that the bedroom was minuscule, and had no closet. Not only that, but there was a staircase that I had not noticed before, which led up to two more (occupied!!) bedrooms, one of which slept four people! So I was moving in with 5 roommates instead of living alone like I had thought. And then last night happened. I seriously dreamed of moving the entire night. It was like a dream montage that just wouldn't end. In one part, a friend who was helping me move ended up moving IN with me and completely took over the place. In another part, the bathroom was in a different place than it should have been, was much tinier, and couldn't fit the shelves I had bought for it. In another part, I was being chased through the courtyard and alleys by someone who supposedly only wanted to show me the laundry room (there was a pool, though, so that was cool). And in the final installment, I heard this noise that I didn't recognize (it sounded kind of like the sound my phone makes when I get a text message). Turned out it was a Thai food delivery guy buzzing to come in. I hadn't ordered any Thai, so I told him it must have been the neighbors. He knocked on their door, and they took the food and paid for it, but didn't give him a tip. I felt bad for the guy. Then when I woke up this morning, I discovered that I had a new text message. :)

No comments: