Thursday, July 26, 2007

a weird night

So, yesterday after work, I sat down on my couch to continue reading Harry Potter. I had read about two chapters when I started feeling sleepy. I guess a couple late nights were catching up to me. So I dozed off. When I woke up, it was 10:00. Even though I had not yet eaten any dinner, just some Cheez-Its right after I got home, I was still in sleep-mode, so I just stumbled off to bed. At about 3 a.m. I was abruptly awoken by a particularly loud clap of thunder. And this NEVER happens to me. I can sleep through any storm. Anyway, after my heart rate returned to normal, I started falling back asleep, but was again awoken by a noise. This time, it was inside my apartment. Slightly afraid of what I might find, I creeped out to the living room, and saw that I had left a window open, and a wooden cigar box that had been crafted into a purse, which I'd had sitting on the table in front of the window, had merely fallen to the floor due to the wind and rain. So I grabbed some paper towels and mopped up the rain water that had come in the window and was all over the table, floor, and everything else in the vicinity. Then I went back to bed.

Man, this story is anticlimactic.

No comments: