Wednesday, July 25, 2007

7 things

1. I always thought bicyclists were supposed to follow the same traffic laws that cars were. Am I wrong? I must be, because nearly every time I am driving near a biker and we come to a stop sign, they just ride on through, not even pausing. Some of them even do this at red lights!! I mean, at the very least they should try and use some common sense, right? Also, don't they have to go the right way down one-way streets?? Isn't it just safer that way anyway?

2. I wonder sometimes about the names people choose for their businesses or shops. I have noticed two interesting storefronts on my way to work recently. One of them, which I can only assume was named by someone for whom English was not their first language, is called "Sexy Girls of the Hollywood." Of THE Hollywood? The Hollywood what? Somewhere in this same vicinity, on the other side of the street, there is a store or business called "Neffertiti." Last time I checked, it was spelled with only one "f" and there is actually a restaurant nearby called "Nefertiti Cafe" or something of the like. You would think the people who put up the shop signs would have the decency to point out any spelling or grammar errors the owner might have made. Unless, of course, the error was made intentionally, as is the case of a cleaners near my parents' house, whose sign above the door contains all the correct letters, in the correct order, only each letter is backwards. That's ONE way of getting peoples' attention!

3. I recently cat-sat (ha ha) for my former roomie when he went on vacation. I was afraid, when he asked me, that the cat wouldn't remember me when I came waltzing into his apartment to feed her. It had been a few months since I had seen the cat, and being rather of the skittish and shy nature, I was afraid she would have already forgotten who I was. But I was delightfully mistaken! The first time I came by, I had only been in the apartment for a minute when I saw her head peek out from the bedroom doorway. She sized me up for a second, then came out to greet me, seemingly saying, "Hey, I remember YOU! Where have you been, girl?" So I scooped her up and buried my face in her belly fur. I need to get myself a pet.

4. My headaches are getting much better. I discovered that a bit of caffeine will snuff them out and I don't have to take any pain relievers at all anymore. I am a happy girl. Finally. Because of this, and also because I am completely off the prednisone (for my OTHER disease), and the Enbrel has taken over quite smoothly. I am moon-face no longer! I look like me again!

5. I am about half-way through the last Harry Potter book, and I am enjoying it immensely. I have to be careful to avoid any and all spoilers, though, because there are so many people out there who read through the book so fast (cough, NORA, cough), and they want to talk about it! I don't blame them. I am desperate for someone to talk about it with, but I just don't want to run the risk of one of us saying something revealing about a part of the book the other one hasn't gotten to yet. So I am being very hush-hush about it until I finish reading. And a small part of me never wants that to happen. :(

6. Men are like Port-a-Potties. They're all either occupied, or full of sh*t.

7. Do you know what the majority of Michigan students get on their SATs? Drool. ;)

No comments: