Monday, August 13, 2007

'looza

Okay, I started writing this a week ago, so it's a little late, but here you go anyway.

Some highlights from my Lollapalooza weekend:


  • The music (obviously): Daft Punk, The Rapture, Silverchair, Muse, The 1900's, Regina Spektor. These are the artists that stand out in my mind.

  • Bringing a sweater on a whim on Saturday and being thankful that I did.

  • Hearing a guy with a mohawk tell me he liked my hair.

  • Settling a dispute between some drunkards sitting behind me.

  • Catching up with some friends on Sunday.

  • Watching a crane raising some photographers up over the crowd to take pictures, and nearly getting stuck up there.

  • Several times accidentally finding myself in the pot-smokers corner of the park.

  • Seeing a guy dressed head-to-toe in black (a suit!!) on what had to be the hottest day of the year.
  • Beetlebaum (or however you spells it) introducing The 1900's.
  • A random girl from the audience getting up on stage during The Rapture and managing to dance around for quite a while before security noticed she was up there.
  • Regina Spektor being very gracious about the fact that half the audience wasn't listening to her.
  • Getting a flip-flop tan.

No comments: