Monday, September 17, 2007

the weekend

I had a pretty productive weekend, so I guess I'm a little bit proud of myself. Though yesterday I was kinda lazy and mostly just watched bad weekend TV instead of going grocery shopping or cleaning my apartment. But hey, you can't be good all the time. Saturday I had to drive to Skokie to pick up my box o' medicine. It's weird, but sometimes FedEx will leave it in the lobby of the building, or even in front of my apartment door, and sometimes because of the nature of the package (perishable) they won't drop it off and want me to come get it. I ask for the same type of delivery every time (no signature needed), so maybe it just depends on which delivery guy I get. Dunno. Anyhow, I had to go pick it up, then drive out to the p's house to SELL MY CAR! It was such a weight off my shoulders to get rid of it. I think I got a good price, and I believe it is going to a good home. The man who bought it didn't speak English very well, so he brought a friend along (also because he needed to ride with someone so he could drive his new car back) who did most of the talking. My main concern was that I wanted it to go to someone who would fix it up and make it into a much cooler car than I ever bothered to do. And I think this guy will do that. We were both happy with the sale. Yay! So I hung out with my Dad a bit (Mom had just left for a Florida vacation with her lady friends) then drove back into the city before going out to meet 'Tatious and her hubby for an evening of Wedding Banned debauchery. We were joined by this guy and this girl, and then all hell broke loose. Okay, maybe not all hell, but a whole lotta heck broke loose! The show was a lot of fun, a highlight of which was a personal serenade by a guitarist, complete with leg up on a chair, directly in front of me.

And then we went to IHOP. The end.

No comments: