Tuesday, March 04, 2008

things I won't miss

About my job :
- The whistler. I will definitely not miss the tuneless whistling all day long, or the random verses of the Flipper theme song, or even the occasional ad jingle.
- Mr. Booming Voice. I will not miss hearing every single word this guy says, including when he's "whispering" on the other side of the room. Nor will I miss his weekly inspections of my fingernails and my coworker's hairstyle.
- My cubicle.

About my apartment:
- The squishy kitchen floor. Why it's squishy, I don't think I want to know.
- The schizophrenic shower. Temperature control is pretty much random, and that's only if the cold water knob doesn't fall off.
- The door that jiggles in its hinges every time the outside door opens or closes.
- The small and mysteriously radiator-free bedroom.
- The useless "eat-in" kitchen.
- The bathroom radiator covered in chipped, rusty (lead?) paint.
- The medicine cabinet that won't close because it's been painted too many times, and the overhead cabinet doors that won't open because they've been painted too many times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the promotion! Are you getting an office? Did you already start the new job? Have you started looking for a new apartment? Two new digs in one month? Can I ask any more questions???