Tuesday, March 11, 2008

shoppin'

I have to get a couple things for the new apartment, and since I am trying to avoid doing any work at work today, I've been surfing the net looking for cool stuff. And now you get to hear all about what I found. Lucky you!

So, one of the things I need to get is a floor lamp. And possibly another table lamp, too, but I'm just gonna start with a floor lamp. I actually do not currently have any lamps at all, which I admit is rather odd, but my new living room doesn't have any overhead lighting, so I must either prepare myself now or live in darkness. I have a rather odd sense of style, so the things I like to put in my home are usually either somewhat old-fashioned, or retro, or just unique. Interestingly enough, I found some lamps I liked on the Target website! Go Target! But sadly, most of them are kinda expensive, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Here's what I found. Opinions??

I am really liking these stained glass type lamps (there are a couple other styles), though I wonder about how much light they will actually throw. Same with this one, except the fact that the rose design seems to be upside-down intrigues me. Will I love it for that or will it drive me nuts? This one is not typically my taste, and it's outside my price range, but something about it strikes me as really pretty. This one I think is really pretty too, but I'm not sure if the color of the shade will match my stuff. I think this last one is beautiful and it's closest to what I wanted to spend, but again, I worry whether it will give me enough light. But I guess if it isn't enough, that's when I'd get a matching table lamp to add to it.

The OTHER purchase I need to make for the new place is a telephone. An actual plug-into-the-wall telephone. The new building has one of those security systems that connects to your land line, so for the first time in three years, I have to have a regular phone. Not a big deal, really, but I completely abhor most of the phones on the market these days. They're all cordless blobs in black or silver, with little flashy lights and beepy things and I think they're ugly and I don't want one. So I think I'm going to get this. Or possibly this. Both of them come in a few different colors. I thought about one of these too, but I think that might be going a bit TOO far. :)

No comments: