Monday, July 28, 2008

summer fun

Exhaustion has set in after a whirlwind weekend. Well, for homebody me it was a whirlwind anyway. The plan was:

Friday - Brookfield Zoo with my parents, then back into the city for the birthday celebration of Jillybean's BF
Saturday - BBQ on Montrose Beach with some friends, one of whose mother was in town from China, then a Bachelorette party for a friend in from NY
Sunday - possible brunch with NY friend, then Wicker Park Fest with some pals from work

That was the plan, anyway. However, Friday morning I got a text cancelling Saturday's barbecue, because the host had to get his appendix and gall bladder taken out. Yikes. After ensuring he was okay, I decided to rearrange my activities, and move the trip to Wicker Park Fest to Saturday so I could see The 1900's play. Well, after the Friday at the Zoo, and the Friday night of drinking too much whiskey at the birthday party, any activities during the daylight hours of Saturday were pretty much out of the question. I had to make a quick trip to the grocery store to purchase appetizer ingredients, and then made my way (late) to the Bachelorette. (Side Note: The Baton Club is an experience definitely worth the price of admission, in case you're ever in a position to go.) It was already 12:30 by the time the show was over, so I decided to forgo the clubbing and cut out early, relatively speaking. Brunch was a no-go on Sunday due to the timing of flights back home, so around 3:30, I left for WP Fest. A small snafu in plans led me instead to my friend's girlfriend's house, where we chilled for a while, and then eventually made it out to the Fest, running into a random assortment of work friends and colleagues. But a couple hours later, I was pooped. The yawns were flowing in direct proportion to the sangria. I got home at 9 and wanted to go straight to bed, but ended up watching a very sleepy hour of TV before finally hitting the sack.

And I wish I was still there.

NEXT weekend, I am super excited to be going to Lollapalooza! Another crazy weekend is certainly in store. 3 days of outdoor music, and a Monday vacation day for good measure (and recovery). Friday especially promises to be brutal - in a good way, of course. Lolla all day long, then the Gogol Bordello after show at the Metro, and THEN a gypsy-punk-themed after party at a friend's place ... if I make it that far, that is. ;)

Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and it's very almost weekend again. Yipeee. Hope you have a good one!