Tuesday, September 30, 2008

update of awesomeness

Wow, I really haven't posted in a while, have I? Sorry about that. Been busy with ... stuff.

Well, first and foremost, I'm sure you are all incredibly anxious to see the results of the TYG-Meter. :) The week I kept track, my very repetitive office neighbor used the phrase "There you go" 11 times on Monday, 4 times on Tuesday (v. low), 8 times on Wednesday, 12 times on Thursday, and 7 times on Friday. And that was only when I was within earshot. But I really should have counted them up yesterday because I swear she must have said it 80,000 times all before lunch.


As for my not-so-regular recaps of the lovely and wonderful Project Runway, I will be cancelling this feature. Reasons being a lack of motivation and a general apathy towards this season's contestants. I will say one more thing, though. I think Jerell will be the winner, and he deserves it.


So yeah, in other news, I had a birthday last week. On the day itself, I went to visit the p's and had a nice home-cooked dinner (yummy). My gifts this year were of the domestic goddess variety - a new iron and a new toaster. Sooooo badly needed. Then, the following night, I had some of my girlfriends over for some cocktails and gossip. All while in our PJ's, sitting on pillows on the floor. I wanted to get back to basics this year. And it was awesome.

The weather around here is finally turning Fall-ish. It's sad to see the Summer go, but Fall is my favorite season, so I'm very happy as well. (How I can be happy and sad at the same time is a mystery to me.) This is great sleeping weather, though it does make it a bit harder to get up in the morning. ;) But, I am so looking forward to the trips to pumpkin farms and apple orchards, the delicious scent of the season in the air, breaking out the sweaters, and putting together a Halloween costume.

And the sooner Fall comes, the sooner Christmas is here.

And Christmas is awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn it, I use that stupid phrase all the time. I wonder where I picked it up from. I also use the annoying phrase, "It is what it is," as well, which I started using because my friend Heather brought it up. Gah!!

Heidi said...

You couldn't possibly overuse it as much as this lady. It even creeps into her laughter. She has two laughs - the guinea pig laugh and the hiccup laugh - and the hiccup laugh contains little disguised bits and pieces of "There you go." I bet she says it in her sleep, too.

Kristi said...

Re: awesomeness

You forgot to mention that Pi Kappa Phi is the bomb.