Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Okay, okay

So, I only posted the last post an hour ago and already I feel guilty for being so negative. I mean, I really do feel like my whole body is in a vice, but I don't need to subject everyone else to my misery. So here are some other thoughts for the day that are a bit less dismal.

First off, I had a wierd dream last night. And it was especially wierd because even though I kept waking up and looking at the clock (yeah, one of those nights), the dream continued from where it left off when I fell back asleep. It started out where I was on a bike ride with some friends from work out in a small town in the middle of nowhere. We stopped at this empty building to rest a while and suddenly I was on a mission to pick up a friend of my brother's at the airport. Apparently there was a small airport in this town that I could get to by bike. Well, for some reason, my Dad was there and was asking where I was going but I couldn't tell him, so he hid outside the building and when I left to go to the airport on my bike, he followed me on his. I saw him out of the corner of my eye, but he didn't know that I had seen him (he was trying to be stealthy), so I tried to lose him, which I did, but only temporarily. Eventually I arrived at this airport and found the girl, who said she was my brother's girlfriend. And then my brother himself showed up with this other girl who I thought was his girlfriend, and it's all confusing, and then my Dad finally showed up once he figured out where I went and he was all confused as well. Anyway, we all had to get home from the airport but we didn't want to ride our bikes anymore because suddenly there was a ton of snow on the ground, so we found an abandoned pick up truck, which only sort of worked (it sputtered and kept dying on us), but it managed to get the lot of us home safely. Then something happened involving sleeping bags, and I think there was a carnival, but I can't remember any of that.

It was very strange. But I guess you had to be there. :)

And another thing that just popped into my head ... I really dislike the phrase "fix dinner." Not only does it invoke images of a disgruntled housewife performing the daily drudgery of making dinner for a family, but why do you need to "fix" dinner? Is it broken? I'm sure I'm not the first person to ever ask this question, but it just doesn't make sense. And something about that phrase just sounds so tedious and old-fashioned. I prefer "cook dinner" or even "make dinner." In my life, I swear I will never, ever "fix" dinner. If it ain't broke ...

And I'm spent.
H

No comments: