Wednesday, September 06, 2006

this is a lot of questions

Let me preface this by saying that I may or may not have done this survey before (too lazy to check). Actually, I think it might be a combination of a couple different ones because some of the questions I know I have done before (Best room for a fire place), and some I know I've never seen before (Favorite fish). So anyway, it's a lot of questions - 100 to be exact - and I won't be offended if you choose not to read all my answers. However, if you do, I'd appreciate it if you then fill it out for yourself, and let me know where I can find it, so I can bask in the glow of my new knowledge of 100 things about my friends.

All right, here we go ...

1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
Closed, so the monsters can't come out.

2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Nope. It usually smells funny.

3. Have you ever 'done it' in a hotel room?
Nope.

4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
No, but I bought a Stop sign at a flea market once, and a coworker once gave me a couple of those yellow and black striped caution signs.

5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
They are indispensable.

6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
I usually won't go through the trouble of actually cutting them out, but I may save the paper they were in, and then forget why I saved it and end up throwing it out.

7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
Maybe bees, because there is always the possibility that my incredibly calming zen-like presence would prevent them from stinging me ... too much.

8. There was no number 8, so I'm making up one of my own. Do you think blogging is a self-indulgent hobby?
Sometimes yes. I debate with myself (fitting). Mostly I just do it out of boredom.

9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Nope. If I'm not feelin' it, I don't smile.

10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Bad drivers, and bad-grammar-users (yes, I am guilty of both)

11. No number 11, either, so here's one of mine. What was the name of your Kindergarten teacher?
Mrs. Patterson

12. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Can't say that I do.

13. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Yep. But I've never used leaves as toilet paper.

14. Do you ever dance even if there's no music playing?
If I'm happy, or feeling goofy.

15. Do you ever chew on your pens or pencils?
Not usually.

16. How many people have you slept with this week?
Zero.

17. Do you like popcorn from those big tins?
Only at Christmas.

18. What is your "Song of the week"?
This is maybe for last week, but "Dark Blue" by Jack's Mannequin.

19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
If they feel confident in it, I think it's pretty cool.

20. Favorite Fish?
Orange Roughy

21. Whats your favorite scary movie?
I don't watch many scary movies, but I did really like The Ring.

22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
How do you know I don't? ;)

23. What do you drink with dinner?
Water, juice, pop ... whatever is around, really.

24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
BBQ sauce

25. What is your favorite food/ cuisine?
My Mom's pot roast is my favorite dish (speaking of which, I should request it for my b-day dinner!). For foreign cuisine, I'd have to say either Italian or Chinese.

26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
When Harry Met Sally, Ever After, The Goonies, 10 Things I Hate About You, Sixteen Candles, The Princess Bride ... and lots more.

27. Last person you kissed?
The top of the cat's head on my way out the door this morning. (Shut Up! She IS TOO a person!!)

28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
Yep. Guess which one!

29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Don't think so. I'm too self conscious about my body.

30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
I wrote a couple that I did not send. Mysterious.

31. Can you change the oil on a car?
Nope. I prefer to let the professionals handle that stuff.

32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Yes, but only one. I was too tired to argue. Plus, I was TOTALLY speeding.

33. Ran out of gas?
Once in the car with my Mom (she was driving) when I was a kid. We had been following a hot-air balloon as it looked for a place to land out in the fields (that used to be) surrounding my house. We were so empty by the time we got to a gas station, that we literally coasted up to the pump.

34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
Grilled cheese, or tuna melt, if it's made right.

35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Scrambled eggs with cheese, crispy bacon, and toast with jelly. (Man, that sounds really good right now.)

36. What is your usual bedtime?
If I'm being responsible, 9:30. (No laughing, I get up at 5:30!!)

37. Are you lazy?
Hells yeah.

38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for halloween?
One of my favorite costumes was a bunny suit that my Mom made for me. I also went as a hobo a few times, just cause it was so easy (I tended to wait until the last minute).

39. Number 39 is another homemade question. How many pairs of blue jeans do you own?
Two that I wear with any regularity (these are full-length jeans, mind you). Two more that I will occasionally break out if the other two are dirty. And about six pairs that I haven't worn in years and don't even know if they fit anymore.

40. How many languages can you speak?
One fluently. One not so fluently. And one that I can understand some of, but don't speak very well.

41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Nope. But my roomie does, and has a huge stack of them in the bathroom. Why people choose the toilet as a place to catch up on reading, I will never understand ...

42..Which are better legos or lincoln logs?
Legos, totally.

43. Are you stubborn?
Uh, yeah.

44. Who is better...Leno or Letterman?
I've never found Leno funny - only Headlines, which he cannot take credit for. I used to think Letterman was funny, until I didn't anymore.

45. Ever watch soap operas?
I watched them with my Mom when I was a kid, and I went through a General Hospital (and the occasional One Life to Live) phase in college.

46. Afraid of heights?
Nope. Love 'em!

47. Sing in the car?
Hah! Yes, but only when nobody is with me. Wait, that's not true ...

48. Dance in the shower?
Not really. Slipping hazard.

49. Dance in the car?
No, but I'd like to see the cars that people have that have enough room to dance in!!

50. Ever used a gun?
Only squirt.

51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
Actually, a few weeks ago, for a project involving angel wings.

52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes, but it's part of their charm.

53. Is christmas stressful?
Personally, I don't get stressed out by it, but I've never had to cook a massive dinner for a ravenous family, or spend too much money on gifts people won't appreciate.

54. Ever eat a pierogie?
Yes, I love pierogies!!

55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
Cherry - my Mom made an amazing cherry pie once with Door County cherries. I'll never forget it. FYI, she doesn't bake much ... or well.

56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
Fashion Designer, hence all the Project Runway blogs!! :)

57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Definitely.

58. Another missing question that I will see to replacing. Can you touch your toes?
Yep! I can lay my palms flat against the ground, actually.

59. Take a vitamin daily?
Only folic acid, which is prescription.

60. Wear slippers?
Not really, though I have some.

61. Wear a bath robe?
After I get out of the shower.

62. What do you wear to bed?
Boxers or flannel pants and a t-shirt or tank top. Or a pretty nighty.

63. First concert?
Oasis

64. Wal-Mart, Target or K-Mart?
Target

65. Nike or Adidas?
Adidas

66.Cheetos Or Fritos?
Cheetos

67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Peanuts

68. Ever hear of, "gorp"?
Of course! See question 28.

69. Ever take dance lessons?
A few here and there.

70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
No there is not.

71. Can you curl your tongue?
I sure can!! Wanna see??

72. Ever won a spelling bee?
Never really been in one. Not officially anyway. Unless you count the one on Jed's roof. And I didn't win that one.

73. Ever cried cause you were so happy?
Sure.

74. Own any record albums?
Not personally, no.

75. Own a record player?
Nope

76. Regularly burn incense?
Can't stand the stuff.

77. Ever been in love?
Don't think so.

78. Who would you like to see in concert?
Lots of people. Too many to mention right now.

79. What was your last concert you saw?
Lollapalooza, where there was a plethora of lovely bands.

80.Hot tea or cold tea?
Hot fruit teas.

81.Tea or coffee?
Tea please.

82.Favorite kind of cookie?
Sugar

83.Can you swim well?
I can swim, but not well.

84.Can you hold your breath w/o manually holding your nose?
Nope. Never mastered that skill. I think my nose is defective.

85. Are you patient?
When it counts, yes.

86. DJ or band, at a wedding?
Maybe a band if it's a friend's band or something, but probably a DJ.

87. Ever won a contest?
I won an Easter egg hunt in the village of Elburn when I was about 4. That was the highlight of my contest-winning days.

88. Ever have plastic surgery?
Nope, never.

89. Which are better black or green olives?
They're both yummy.

90.Can you knit or crochet?
No, but I'd be interested in learning.

91. Best room for a fireplace?
The Study. I want a house that has a Study (that will always be capitalized) with a fireplace. I think I could die happy then.

92. Do you want to get married?
Meh.

93. If married, how long have you been married?
N/A

94. Who was/is your HS crush?
His name was Fred (names have been changed to protect the innocent).

95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
Nah.

96. Do you have kids?
Not last time I checked.

97. Do you want kids?
Kinda. Adoption might be more my cuppa tea.

98. Whats your favorite color?
Right now blue, because I'm wearing blue.

99. Do you miss anyone right now?
I miss my baby brother. He's in Seattle and I'm a slacker and haven't been to visit.

100. Who do you wanna see right now?
A handsome gentleman come into my cubicle and sweep me off my feet, saying, "I will take care of you so you'll never have to endure this drudgery again!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I only have one thing to say: FRED? HAHAHAHA.

Hilarious.