Monday, April 30, 2007

whiskey woes

The "self" was very "intoxicated" last Friday. It's probably a good thing that I don't remember that much of it. A friend of mine from work is moving away to go back to school for his PhD, and he had a going away party. He set up one of those dealies at a bar where for $30 it was all you can drink for three hours, including top shelf. Yeah, those never end well. Let's just say I drank a lot of whiskey, got shuffled off to another bar after the deal ended, don't remember what bar it was, but I do remember falling out of the cab outside of that bar. Yes, falling out. As in, one minute, I'm sitting inside the cab, the next minute I'm on the ground outside of the cab. Not pretty. I did have the presence of mind to order only water at this second bar, wherever it was, and I somehow made it home safely, too, so at least that worked out well for me. I remember the beginning of the night fairly well, but towards the end it gets rather foggy. I was just informed this afternoon by someone I barely remember being there, that I kept asking him to introduce me to guys. And there was something about a conversation about "cougars." Yeah, don't remember that. I shudder to think what other embarrassing things I'm not remembering. Especially considering some of the things I do remember were quite embarrassing. I am never drinking again. And you know that's a lie as well as I do.

No comments: