Friday, August 15, 2008

foodie bloggie

I don't generally blog about food, but Nora posted this meme thingie and it made me hungry (having a normal appetite again is a happy thing). So here's mine. I won't have tried NEARLY as many things as Mrs. Greenfish, the foodie, but I think there's a couple that I have tried that she has not. Neener neener. ;)

(Instructions edited to fit my settings and preferences)
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) RED any items that you would never consider eating.
4) GREEN any items you are actively interested in trying.

1. Venison
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile (Close. I've had Alligator.)
6. Black pudding (The idea makes me want to vomit.)
7. Cheese fondue
8. Carp
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoush
11. Calamari (Had it, but I am not a fan.)
12. Pho
13. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (Not terribly fond of Indian curry.)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (French cheese)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes (My favorite is rhubarb!!)
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes (Don't really like tomatoes, but my parents love 'em so of course I've had the heirloom variety.)
22. Fresh wild berries (Did I ever tell you about the time I ate poison berries ...)
23. Foie gras (I think I tried it??)
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese (Another vomit-inducing thought.)
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper (Ouch! No thanks.)
27. Dulce de leche (I can't believe I've never had this!)
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
34. Sauerkraut (Yummy. My mom makes the best dish with sauerkraut and smoked sausage. And I have the ingredients at home! Dinner tonight maybe?)
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar (Hmm, I've had them separately, but not together. Does that count?)
37. Clotted cream tea (I've had tea served with scones with clotted cream, but never thought to put the cream in the tea. Not sure if this counts either ...)
38. Vodka jelly (I'm gonna go with Nora's assumption that this means Jello shots.)
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat (Um, no.)
42. Whole insects (Just no again.)
43. Phaal
44. Goat’s milk (Goat's milk, no. Goat cheese, yes.)
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more (I wish.)
46. Fugu (Too risky. :) )
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchin
51. Prickly pear
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneer
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal (Once a veeeeery long time ago.)
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. Poutine
60. Carob chips
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads
63. Kaolin
64. Currywurst (Lots of curry on this list, huh?)
65. Durian
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain (Yummers.)
70. Chitterlings, or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini (Had caviar, but not with blini.)
73. Louche absinthe
74. Gjetost, or brunost
75. Roadkill (Why, oh why, would anyone want to eat roadkill? I imagine it tasting like burning rubber.)
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang souchong
80. Bellini
81. Tom yum
82. Eggs Benedict
83. Pocky
84. Tasting menu at a three-Michelin-star restaurant (After having to look up what a Michelin Star is, I think this would be a good thing.)
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate (Any kind of chocolate is all right in my book.)
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa
94. Catfish
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox
97. Lobster Thermidor
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Snake

So is it lunch time yet??

No comments: